Free PDF Downloads
Safety in Yoga Practice
Learn about the most important safety considerations in yoga practice.
Sacro Iliac Joint
SI pain is one of the most common complaints among yoga practitioners.
Hi! I'm Libby.
My super power is making anatomy simple, fun, and relevant for yoga teachers.
When I graduated from yoga teacher training in 2005, I felt totally overwhelmed and confused by anatomy. The way it was presented during my training seemed completely disconnected from the yoga I was learning how to teach.
After traveling to India to study at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram and starting physical therapy school (physio for those outside the US) the pieces started to fall into place and I fell in love with learning about the human body.
Over the past decade, I've specialized in helping yoga teachers understand the most relevant aspects of anatomy - without getting overwhelmed in minutae. My approach blends up to date science with a commitment to the inner experience of yoga.
In 2020, I was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. This helped me to see my entire experience with yoga in a new light and inspired me to write the book, Yoga for Bendy People, published in 2022.
When I'm not teaching or seeing PT clients, you can find me walking in the greenway near my house, snuggling my children, and eating all the chocolate.
Ready to commit to learning anatomy in depth?
A monthly membership for yoga teachers who want to become anatomy nerds... in less than an hour per week.
Learn how to:
- Adapt any yoga posture for multiple practitioners with different abilities.
- Confidently teach and help your students make informed decisions about their bodies.
- Take a single sequence and translate it into multiple different classes on the fly.
- Use effective cues that are grounded in biomechanical principles while staying respectful of yoga's roots and tradition.
Here's what members get each month:
One short & sweet anatomy lesson.
Each month we will focus on a different part of the body and connect it directly to what happens in the yoga classroom.
One yummy yoga sequence to practice
The sequence will be accessible, adaptable, and will help you apply each lesson to your classes & personal practice.
LIVE Q&A sessions to clarify & connect
Learn in context with specific examples, build community with other students, and get your remaining questions answered.
- Vizualizing what is happening deep inside your students bodies as they move
- Easily updating your sequence in real time based on the people who show up for class
- Confidently helping your injured student adapt their practice
- Skillfully cueing your student into a pose that they’ve never done before
Are you ready to stop guessing when it comes to anatomy?
It's time to start guiding your students using sound biomechanical principles with confidence instead.
Not ready to Join? Get a free taste instead.
Twice a month Libby sends out a morsel of anatomy learning to help you decide whether or not Anatomy Bites is right for you. Leave your email below to sign up for these free mini-lessons.